Directed by F. Gary Gray (Straight Outta Compton), "Fast and Furious 8" (also called The Fate of the Furious in the U.S. market) brings familiar faces like Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel), Letty (Michelle Rodriguez), Roman (Tyrese Gibsons), Frank Petty (Kurt Russell), Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) and Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham) back together again. There are also newcomers Scott Eastwood, who plays an agent and Dame Helen Mirren, who appears as Deckard and Owen Shaw's mother.
Just as things are beginning to feel normal, Dom is lured back into crime by a charismatic villainess called Cipher (Charlize Theron), who by the way, is able to control a mass of cars and machines at one time. So Cool!!! The frenetic chase takes the team from Cuba to the busy streets of New York City to the icy plains of the arctic. Will the Furious crew's "family-first" mantra be able to survive Dom's betrayal?
Now, from 31 March to 23 April 2017, you can get your very own taste of being in Dom's kickass, stunt-driving crew! Here's how:
- Put on your tough, no-nonsense, race outfit of the day
- Head down to Cathay Cineleisure B1 and make your way to the "Fast and Furious 8" interactive booth. You can't miss it.
- Get primed to show off your killer stunt driving skills at the green screen simulator
- Go wild with your reactions, after all you're in control of a fast car. Let your hair loose! :D
- Ta-dah! You're immortalized in the "Fast and Furious 8" customized trailer!
Red Dot Diva had a preview of the green screen experience yesterday evening, and it took only a few exhilarating minutes, but it was a total Blast!
Don't you think Red Dot Diva fits right in??
Oh, there's more! Don't miss a fantastic photo opportunity at the huge 3D structure of an upside down wrecked car, which will be placed in two locations:
- The Cathay - 1 to 9 April
- Cathay Cineleisure - 10 to 23 April
Snap a photo with the giant standee and Red Dot Diva bets it is going to feel as if you are already in the movie. Just don't forget to share your fun photos on social media by using the hashtag #F8!
Based on the trailers, the action in "Fast and Furious 8" looks just as crazy as the previous movies. Cars falling from skyscrapers, trying not to be submarine torpedo meat while bearing down in tanks on arctic ice?!
This ain't no street fight alright. This is going to be one helluva adrenaline rush!