Sunday, June 5, 2016
Ubisoft Celebrates 30th Anniversary at E3 2016, June 14-16, 2016 at Los Angeles
The Electronic Entertainment Expo, or better know as E3 for short, is a favourite show to attend for many gamers and tech lovers. It is the largest convention of its kind in the Western World and thousands flock to Los Angeles Convention Centre each year to check out the latest game launches, consoles and accessories.
The bigwigs of the games industry, like Sony, Microsoft, Bandai Namco, Ubisoft and Capcom, usually make their important launches and announcements at E3. With popular game developer and producer Ubisoft, E3 2016 will be a special show for the company. It is their 30th Anniversary this year, and they are all set to make E3 the base for their celebration with their fans.
The company and its creative teams will be unveiling a host of exciting games at the convention. On the list are Watch Dogs 2, For Honor™ and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands, plus a few other surprises!
Kicking off the festivities will be a special Ubisoft’s E3 2016 Conference hosted by actress and comedian Aisha Tyler, on Monday, June 13 starting at 1 PM PDT (that's Tuesday, 4 AM Singapore time). This will be preceded by a 30-minute pre-show. Fans will be able to watch all new trailers and gameplay demos for upcoming Ubisoft games.
For those who are unable to be at Los Angeles for E3 2016 , like Red Dot Diva, do not worry! The Conference will be broadcast live and on demand in three online sites:
- Ubisoft’s YouTube channel
- Ubisoft's Twitch channel
The most fun part about attending a game expo is having actual hands-on experience on the new launches. Ubisoft's booth at #1023, South Hall is the hub where all that takes place, as well as special guest appearances and performances.
The lineup of games available at the booth include:
- For Honor™: Hacking and battling one's way through in a bloodbath in a historic setting is what this game is all about. There's a war between three factions - the Knights, the Vikings and the Samurai (ooooohhh), and players can assume the mantle of a warrior for each battle to fight "for honor".
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands: this single or 4-player tactical game brings the U.S. Elite Special Operations Unit to the beautiful but dangerous wildlands of Bolivia in a mission to take down the Santa Blanca drug cartel. Check out the gorgeous digital renderings of the game's re-imagined world of Bolivia in this trailer:
- South Park™ The Fractured But Whole™: From the brilliant minds of Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of the TV series "South Park" are back with a RPG game sequel. New Kid will again harness his super powers and fight crime together with Coon & Friends in their beloved town.
- Eagle Flight™: a VR experience that will allow players to fly like an eagle above Paris and view its iconic landmarks. The game can be played as single player by levelling up flight skills or in multiplayer battles (up to 3x3).
Nearby and outside of the convention centre, there will also be a pop-up venue called the Ubisoft Lounge dedicated to fans during the weekend of E3. Other than being able to try the games first hand, there will be a chance for fans to attend master classes, discuss about the games with the on-site Ubisoft team, compete against others and nab some prizes at the venue.
The Ubisoft Lounge will be available from Tuesday, June 14 at 2 PM PDT till Wednesday, June 15 at 6 PM PDT. Starting at 8:30 PM PDT on Tuesday, on-site fans will also be able to meet up with the development teams from Tom Clancy’s The Division, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands for a 90 minute livestream during an event called Special Ops Night. More information can be found at the website - ubisoftlounge.com.
There are various ways to keep tabs on Ubisoft's exciting activities at E3 2016:
- Follow the #UbiE3 hashtag on Twitter
- Tune into the live coverage of Ubisoft's Conference and events from the Ubisoft Booth and Ubisoft Lounge on Twitch on Tuesday June 14th at 12 p.m PDT.
- Check out Ubisoft's videos and trailers from E3 on YouTube.
- Bookmark and head to Ubisoft.com and the UbiBlog for the latest info during the show
All these announcements are making Red Dot Diva salivating at the thought of Ubisoft, hopefully, putting up a similar run of events at our very own games expo, Gamestart 2016, 7-9 October, 2016 at Suntec Convention Centre. Can't wait!